Fill Power is a rating for Down.
Fill power is a common term in down products and it actually refers to the numeric value which is used to grade or categorize down. Fill power is a numeric measurement, which identifies the number of cubic inches that (1) ounce of Down occupies.
Here is a closer look at how a Fill Power rating is calculated:
- One (1) ounce of Down is free poured into a calibrated chamber or vessel.
- The more cubic inches of space one (1) ounce of Down occupies, the higher its Fill power rating.
- If one (1) ounce of Down occupies 600 cubic inches of space, then it receives a Fill Power rating of 600.
In this video we explain the difference between Down & Feather.
Vero Linens offers a variety of fine bed linens and that includes down comforters and soft down sleeping pillows. Shop for all that and more as we offer luxury linens without any retail mark-up. Elegant linens at affordable prices can be yours today at Vero Linens.
You may also enjoy the following articles:
- There is a difference between down & feather
- How long should a down comforter last?
- How long will a down pillow last?
- How to tell when it is time to replace your Down Comforter