Making the perfect bed...
Shop for the very finest Italian luxury bedding below.
Use the code - bedding tips - at checkout to get 5% off your entire purchase.
Forgive the yellow cast photos, they are very old.
Making the perfect bed can make your luxury bed linens and sheets look their very best. However, not everyone understands the intricacies of how to make the perfect bed. Here is a step-by-step method for making your bed perfectly:
Step One: Put a fitted sheet on the bed.
Step Two: Place your flat sheet on the bed upside down, so that when you pull it back any decorative features you have on the sheet are visible.
Step Four: Fold back the duvet cover and flat sheet about 1/3 of the way back. Then, adjust them from both sides of the bed.
Step Five: Place your Euro Shams, but don’t pick them up from the top edge. Instead, pick them up from the bottom edge. Also, give them a shake while upside down. This will drive the Pillow insert to the top of the sham. This will eliminate any gap between the sham cover and the insert when it is set in place.
- Any loose fabric at the top will result in a floppy flange – watch the above video if what we have written, is not clear.
- If you don’t own any Euro Shams, consider purchasing some. Euro shams add a great height to the bed, provide a nice layer and look great.
- Euro shams are functional. You can lean against them for comfort and they also provide back support while reading or watching TV in bed.
- Use 2 or 3 Euro Shams on a Queen bed. Use 3 or 4 Euro Shams on a King bed.
Step Six: Put your sleeping pillows in place, on edge straight up and down. To add a bit of decoration, consider buying some decorative pillows or some boudoir shams (12” x 16”) to place in front of the sleeping pillows.
Voila! Your bed is now perfectly made!
Here are some more professional tips to keep your bed looking great:
- Swap out your Euro Shams and decorative pillows on a seasonal basis, as this will provide a completely different look for your bed.
- Go with jewel tones in the fall and winter and pastels in the spring and summer.
- Changing out Euro Shams is an inexpensive way to give your bed and bedroom and entirely new look.
We hope this helps and, as always, please feel free to email or call us with any of your bedding related questions.
Vero Linens has everything you need to create luxury in your own bedroom. We offer fine bed linens, luxury duvet covers, cozy warm down comforters and much more. Shop Vero Linens today and treat yourself to an elegant sleeping experience every night.
Shop for true Italian bed linens below.
Use the code - bedding tips - at checkout & get 5% off your entire purchase.
View our 150+ bedding related articles on our “How to Tips” page found here.