Everything you need to know about Coverlets
Coverlets or Blanket Covers are traditionally used as a decorative cover over a blanket on a bed. They are thinner than a Down Comforter or Duvet Cover arrangement and provide a more tailored look.
- Coverlets may be a single layer or multiple (quilted) layers of fabric.
- They can be tucked in if you are looking for a more finished contemporary look.
- If used in combination with a Duvet, the Duvet is often folded in 3rds at the foot of the bed.
- Manufacturers of these types of products typically produce matching shams in the same textile as the Coverlet or Blanket cover.
- A Coverlet is a smaller version of a Bedspread.
- Bedspreads are not as popular today as they once were, in part because the mattress industry has no standard thickness. Resulting in no standard as far as the height of beds.
- The “drop to the floor” traditional bedspread will need to be custom made depending on the mattress thickness and bed frame heights.
Below is a video on the attributes of our Coverlet.