Duvet vs. Duvet Cover...
There is always confusion with this term and some of it is justified.
- Regardless, it is the decorative covering that goes over your Down Comforter to protect it from body oil, dirt, make-up and other things that might soil it.
- Think of a Duvet Cover (Comforter Cover) as a large Pillowcase for your Down Comforter.
When selecting a Duvet, ensure that you look for a Sheet weight fabric.
- Some people select heavy upholstery grade textiles to achieve texture for the top of the Bed, the Duvet may look great, but it will likely weigh too much.
- The weight of these heavy textiles compress the air out a Down Comforter, lessening the insulating properties. This defeats the benefits of using a Down Comforter – that being a wonderful light, warm non-constricting Bed Cover.
- Few people enjoy sleeping under a lot of weight, which makes the Down Comforter the most popular choice for the top of the bed.
- Additional attributes to look for when purchasing a Duvet Cover are;
- A soft textile that is washable.
- Detailed finishing such as hidden button closure, generous sizing, and flanges to provide sufficient coverage of today’s thicker mattresses.
You may also enjoy the following articles:
- The Difference between a Duvet Cover and Down Comforter
- Different styles of Down Comforters
- Remove wrinkles from luxury bed sheets without an iron.