Duvet vs. Duvet Cover...
There is always confusion with this term and some of it is justified.
- Regardless, it is the decorative covering that goes over your Down Comforter to protect it from body oil, dirt, make-up and other things that might soil it.
- Think of a Duvet Cover (Comforter Cover) as a large Pillowcase for your Down Comforter.
When selecting a Duvet, ensure that you look for a Sheet weight fabric.
- Some people select heavy upholstery grade textiles to achieve texture for the top of the Bed, the Duvet may look great, but it will likely weigh too much.
- The weight of these heavy textiles compress the air out a Down Comforter, lessening the insulating properties. This defeats the benefits of using a Down Comforter – that being a wonderful light, warm non-constricting Bed Cover.
- Few people enjoy sleeping under a lot of weight, which makes the Down Comforter the most popular choice for the top of the bed.
- Additional attributes to look for when purchasing a Duvet Cover are;
- A soft textile that is washable.
- Detailed finishing such as hidden button closure, generous sizing, and flanges to provide sufficient coverage of today’s thicker mattresses.
Here is Video we did offering some helpful tips on how easily stuff a Duvet Cover.