Occasionally people can get confused when it come to Bedding Terminology, so, we put together some definitions of some of the more popular bedding terms in an effort to help you out.
We hope you find them helpful.
- What is Thread Count and why it is not that important?
- What is a Flanged Boarder?
- What are the different sizes of Pillows and Pillow fillings?
- What is the difference between Feather & Down?
- What is a Duvet Cover?
- What is Egyptian Cotton?
- What are Euros/European Shams or Continental Shams?
- What are Sateen Sheets (not satin)?
- What are Percale Sheets?
- What is a Damask Weave?
- What is a Flat Sheet?
- What is Hemstitching?
- What is a Jacquard Weave?
- What is the difference between a Pillowcase and a Sham?
- What is a Coverlet or Blanket Cover?
- What is a Matelassé?
- What is a Baffle Box Construction in a Down Comforter?
- What is a Box Stitched Down Comforter?
- What is Double Stitching on a Down Comforter and Pillow?
- What are the different sizes of Mattresses available?
- What are pillow protectors?
Shop for the absolute finest luxury bedding below.
Use code - bedding tips - at checkout and get 5% off your entire purchase.
View 150+ “How to Tips” bedding related articles & videos here.