Differences between Down & Feather
To shop for Vero's down & feather pillows - click here.
To shop for Vero's luxury baffle-box down comforters - click here.
Use code bedding tips at checkout & get 5% off your entire purchase.
Down and feather are sometimes mentioned in the same breath, although they are not the same. Both Down or Feather sleeping pillows are long-lasting and offer years of comfort. However, there are differences between the two and here’s a closer look at what differentiates down and feather:
- The location of feathers on a bird are obvious, but down is more concealed. Down is found under a bird’s breast feathers, and is actually a cluster that is unstructured.
- Down is similar to some of the fibers you might notice floating around in the spring, which come from Cotton Wood trees.
- Down is a wonderful filler used in down comforters, coats and sleeping pillows.
- Feather is not well suited for comforters but does make an excellent firm sleeping pillow.
- Down has a quill, but that quill is pretty much undetectable. Meanwhile, feather quills are much more noticeable.
- Down is considered to be among nature’s best insulators. It provides excellent warmth to weight ratio, which has yet to be replicated by bedding suitable synthetic materials.
- Both down and feather will not bunch up or develop knots the way some other pillow fillings do. Down and feather both hold their shape extremely well.
When you are ready to bring down or feather into your bedroom, contact the professionals at Vero Linens. We offer a vast supply of soft down sleeping pillows, feather sleeping pillows , our compartment pillow and many fine bed linens. Check out the most elegant linens online as Vero Linens is ready to make over your bedroom in luxury.
To shop for Vero Linens, luxury bedding click on the below shop button.
Use code bedding tips at check out & get 5% off your entire purchase.
View our 150+ bedding related articles on our “How to Tips” page here.