The easiest way to put a duvet cover over a down comforter.
Click here to shop for Vero's luxury duvet covers.
Click here to shop for our luxury down comforters.
Putting a duvet cover on your down comforter is much easier with (2) people, although it can be done with just one person. Here are step-by step instructions on how to complete this task.
- Put your duvet cover on the top of your bed and make sure the opening is at the foot of the bed.
- Place the down comforter on the floor at the foot of the bed.
- It should be noted that all king comforters and duvet covers and even some queen comforters and duvet covers are rectangular, so double check to ensure they are orientated correctly.
- Open the duvet cover.
- Use one hand to grab the top corner of the comforter and then feed it up the side of the duvet cover. Keep doing this all the way to the top corner.
Use your other hand to grab and hold both the duvet cover and the down comforter from the outside. Now pull the duvet cover about halfway down.
- Now it’s time to move to the other side of the bed and repeat this same process. This time, you should be able to pull the duvet cover all the way to the foot of the comforter.
- Move back to the other side of the bed and pull the duvet cover down to the foot.
- Go to the foot of the bed, locate the opening and then grab only the duvet cover. Next, give it a shake with both hands. This will drive the down comforter to the head of the duvet cover. Now shake it a few times so that the down comforter will orientate properly and move into all the corners and sides of the duvet cover.
- Close the duvet cover.
Now, consider yourself a pro as you have just mastered the art of putting a duvet cover on a down comforter.
When it comes time to purchase your next luxury duvet cover or down comforter, be sure to check out Vero Linens. We offer an extensive line of luxury linens made in Italy. It’s time to let Vero Linens make your sleeping experience a luxurious one.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
- Removing Wrinkles from Your Luxury Bed Linens & Sheets
- The Best Duvet Cover Construction Styles...
- Different styles of Down Comforters