The easiest way to get wrinkles out of bed sheets
Shop for Italy's finest linens & luxury bedding below.
No iron needed...
- 100% Cotton bed sheets feel wonderful next to your skin, which is why it is the most popular fabric used in bed linens.
- Luxury linens are a wonderful thing (Italian Bed Linens are even better) however, they can wrinkle.
- You have made an investment in your bedding, so you will want it to look great.
- Ironing is the best way to get wrinkles out.
- Ironed bed linens look great and ironing makes them feel even nicer as the iron lays the nap of the fabric down.
- But, not everyone has the time to iron or the inclination.
Having them professionally laundered is something to consider. You want them laundered not dry-cleaned, as the harsh chemicals used in dry-cleaning can harm the cotton fabric.
- For those that won’t iron them, the below quick tip demonstrates how to make them look as if they have.
- Here is what you need:
- Spray bottle of water.
- Water is a wrinkle release.
- You may want to consider getting fragranced water as well, there are many to choose from and they come in several fragrances as well. They make the bed smell great.
- Regardless, if you use fragrance water or plain tap water, the result is the same.
- Put on your fitted sheet, then give it a light spritz of water or a fragrance linen water.
- Then put your flat sheet on the bed and tuck in the foot and about 1/3 up the sides.
The trick to this tip is putting a little tension on the sheets.
- The fitted sheet will already have enough tension in it.
- With the flat sheet, simply grab one of the top corners (at the head of the bed) and pull it slightly taunt. Then spritz it with a light mist of water.
- Now stuff one of your pillowcases. Then suspend it from the cuff with one hand.
- Give it a light spritz of water on both sides. Then grab the pillow cases with both hands at the cuff, suspend it and give it a shake in an up in down motion. Repeat the process with your other pillows or shams.
You can also do the same thing with your duvet cover.