Why do Italian bed linens cost more than department store bed sheets?
Use code bedding tips at checkout to get 5% off your entire purchase.
It is no secret that Italian bed linens cost more than bed linens sold in department stores. Here are a few analogies to help explain those differences in price.
- A BMW costs $80,000 or higher. Meanwhile, the average cost of a Kia is about $15,000. They are both cars, but there is a big difference in quality.
- A Louis Vuitton handbag could cost as much as $1,500 while knockoffs sell for just $50. So what’s the difference? The difference is in the quality of the materials used to make each bag.
The same theory applies to Italian linens and those linens that are sold a Target or Wal-Mart. Not all cotton is created the same. There are low-quality grades of cotton, which allow those stores to sell bed linens for such low prices. Here is a closer look at why fine Italian linens cost more and are so superior.
- True Italian linens are typically made from exceptional grades of cotton.
- High quality cotton contains longer and stronger fibers, which retain their strength.
- Sheets that are made from fine grades of cotton feel softer and last longer than sheets made with substandard grades of cotton.
So what about Egyptian cotton?
Many times, sellers who are offering Egyptian cotton are engaging in deceptive advertising practices. Egyptian government officials have stated that there is over 10 times more Egyptian cotton sold in the world than the amount that is actually grown. That means many customers are being ripped off.
An $80 version of 1,500 thread-count sheets that are 100% Egyptian Cotton is just not possible. It would be like buying an Armani suit from a local store for $60. It just doesn’t happen. Here is a closer look at why finer grades of cotton are more expensive than other types:
- Cotton does not yield high-quality characteristics in every harvest.
- Bed linens that are constructed with high-quality cotton outperform other bedding made with substandard grades of cotton.
- Italian bed linens are more costly because its qualities of cotton, yarns, weaving and finishing techniques are the finest in the world.
Northern Italy has been renowned as the world leader in cotton textile weaving ever since the Middle Ages.
European textile producers take a high level of pride and craftsmanship, which is unrivaled in other parts of the world.
You can feel the difference in these products, and you can also see it.
Vero Linens is proud to provide a wide selection of fine bed linens made in Italy. Our elegant linens are a luxury purchase truly worth making. Customers can also select from our line of Italian duvet covers, soft down sleeping pillows and much more.
To shop for Italy's fines bed linens, click on the below shop button.
Use the code bedding tips at checkout to get 5% off your entire purchase.
See 150+ bedding related articles on our “How to Tips” page here.