How many pillows should you have on your bed?
Were glad you asked!
There is no right or wrong answer as some people like a lot of pillows while others prefer only a minimal amount. It is just a matter of personal preference and here’s a little more about pillows:
- Decorative pillows enhance the décor of a bedroom and the aesthetics
- Several sleeping pillows may be used at once
- Pillowcases are available in standard/queen and king sizes
- Pillowcases are typically sold in pairs, while pillow shams are usually sold individually
At Vero Linens, all of our products are sold separately, which allows customers to mix and match all different sizes and colors. Here are some more recommendations when it comes to pillows:
Two pillows are recommended with a full or queen size bed
- Most people prefer having extra pillows
- Four sleeping pillows across a queen bed provides two layers and is considered a nice look
- There are more options when you go with king size pillows
- King size pillows are not as popular of a choice, as many people believe them to be too long and difficult to manipulate while sleeping.
- A standard pillow (26” long) is much easier to move around when sleeping
If you do prefer a king-size pillow, then two is the suggested number as they will fit nicely across a king-sized bed. Three standard pillows will also fill out the width of a king-size bed. When seeking out a look that consists of two rows of pillows, six standard pillows works on a king bed.
When it comes to decorative pillows, here are our suggestions:
Euros or Euro Sham:
- If you own a queen or full-size bed, consider using two Euro shams, this arrangement allows the pillows to sit side by side to each other. This configuration does an adequate job of filling out a bed’s entire width. Euro shams serve the function of adding a nice height and an elegant look to a bed. Euro Shams are also excellent to lean against when you are watching television or reading in bed.
- For an even a fuller look on a Queen bed, try using three Euro Shams and position them so that they slightly overlap one another. When opting for three Euro shams, many people select a center one that is a different color or fabric. Three Euro Shams will sit side by side on a King or California King bed. Four Euro Shams will provide a fuller look and will slightly overlap one another.
King and Standard pillow shams:
- Both standard and king shams provide a bed with a very nice decorative row of pillows. The majority of shams are also okay to sleep on.
- A full or queen bed looks best with two standard shams while a king bed typically features two king shams.
Whatever your bedding preference, Vero Linens has you covered. We provide a comprehensive selection of feather sleeping pillows, Italian duvet covers, pillow shams, and much more. Visit our online showroom that features high quality luxury linens and fine bed linens at very affordable prices.
You may also enjoy the following bedding articles & topics.
- What is Thread Count
- The difference between Sateen and Percale bed sheets.
- Bed Sheets can pill, here's why.
Watch the below video were we demonstrate how to make a perfect looking bed.
Use code bedding tips at checkout & get 5% off your entire purchase.
View our 150+ bedding related articles & videos here.