What is the difference between California King and regular King Bedding?
The difference between a King and California King mattress.
- King – 76” W x 80” L (sometimes we see King mattresses 78" wide)
- Cal King – 72” W x 84” L
Nevertheless, the following items are not interchangeable:
- Fitted sheets
- Bed skirts
In a similar manner, fitted sheets and bed skirts are not interchangeable between Queen and Full-size bedding. Below are some more helpful hints regarding a King and California King size mattress:
- King is more popular than Cal. King
- Taller people usually purchase a Cal King because of its extra length
- A King size mattress is the same size as two extra-long twin mattresses placed side by side
Here is an illustration that shows the different sizes of mattresses.
Vero Linens has a large supply of bedding that will fit King, California King, Queen and Full size beds. We also carry extra deep pocket fitted sheets that for king and split queen beds. When it comes time to make your bed with luxury linens, let Vero’s provide you with the softest luxury bed sheets you’ve ever slept on.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
- Are your luxury linens really 60% off retail?
- Buying new bed sheets and you're confused?
- Do Luxury Linens & Sheets Pill?
Shop for the finest Italian bed sheets & luxury linens below shop...