The best way to stuff your pillow sham.
Pillow shams are a great addition to any bed, regardless of the bed’s size or design. However, many people run into problems when trying to position their shams. It can be quite challenging to get the soft cotton flanges to stand on edge. Not to worry, as we are ready to show you how to overcome that challenge.
- First, make sure you are using a pillow insert that is generously filled. Using old, worn out pillows that are flat and lifeless will make your sham look very sad. There is no crime in tossing that old pillow in the trash.
- An overstuffed feather pillow is the best type of pillow filler to use because they are inexpensive. They also fill out the whole sham perfectly and that includes the corners.
- This tip applies to those who use Euro shams, Standard shams or King shams on their bed.
Many people have a tendency to pick up their shams from the top edge of the flange before placing the sham on their bed.
- We can pretty much guarantee this will result in the flange flopping over.
This happens when you pick up the sham from the top edge, as it creates a void between the pillow insert and the sham.
- As an alternative, pick up the sham from the bottom as shown below.
- Now shake it very gently back and forth. This subtle shaking will drive the pillow insert down (to what will be the top edge). This will eliminate any void between the sham and pillow insert.
- Next, grab hold of the sham and any excess fabric from the bottom using just one hand.
- While still holding onto the sham and excess fabric, carefully flip the sham over to the correct orientation and then set in place.
- Lastly, set your flanges by pulling up on the corners.
You may be interested in the following bedding related articles found here...
- Different styles of Down Comforters.
- Difference between pillowcases and pillow shams.
- The Best Duvet Cover Construction Styles...
- Decorating with Pillow Shams
Vero Linens is ready to provide you with fine Italian linens so that you can make your bed in luxury. Without any retail markup, our luxury linens are priced lower than the competition so that our customers can get high quality at a reasonable price. Visit Vero Linens today for all your luxury duvet covers, feather and down sleeping pillows and elegant linens.