What are Percale or Sateen bed sheets?
When it comes to luxury bed linens, there are several different types of weaves used in their creation. Some of those weaves are twill, flannel, jersey knit, and oxford cloth. However, there is little dispute that percale and sateen are the most popular of all weaves.
- Percale weave - This consists of one thread over and one thread under. Good Percale bed linens are cool, crisp and also have a very soft velvety feel.
- Sateen weave – This weave is made on a Jacquard loom and some threads are occasionally skipped (one thread under, two threads or more over). Sateen bed sheets provide a silky, soft feel.
A Jacquard loom is used to make sateen sheets. Sateen sheets can be woven with intricate designs, such as floral, stripes.
Vero Linens is ready to help transform your bedroom with sateen and percale sheets, sateen duvet covers, percale comforter covers and much more. When it’s time to fit your bed with elegant linens, look to Vero Linens for all your bedding needs.
You may also enjoy the following bedding related articles:
- Sateen Bed Linens vs. Satin bed sheets
- What are Mercerized bed sheets luxury linens and why you want them.
- What to consider when purchasing a new set of sheets!