Caring for towels seems pretty straight forward, and for the most part, it is. However, there are some small things you can do that will make them look better – for a longer period of time, stay soft and absorbent.
- Towels do not get that dirty, when you hop out of the shower you are hopefully pretty clean. So consider using less detergent than what the detergent manufacturer recommends.
- Doing this will aid in ensuring your rinsing all of the detergent out of your towels.
- Wash in a cold to medium water temperature setting.
- If you think your towels have detergent residue, wash them with a 1/4 to 1/2 cup up white vinegar (no detergent) then rewash them as you normally would.
- Vinegar can also be used to set the color on colored towels.
- Add vinegar to their first wash.
- When washing your towels consider putting a half cup of baking soda in the wash, this will keep them brighter looking and will keep them smelling fresh.
- Don’t overload the washer as your towels and other laundered items will not get as clean.
- Never put fabric softener in the wash cycle or use drier sheets when drying them.
- These softeners coat the fiber and will impede their absorbency.
- Never use bleach as bleach can harm the cotton fibers reducing their life.
- Avoid using detergents with brighteners, as brighteners are typically bleach derivatives.
- Use a mild detergent such as Dreft or Ivory.
- Better yet, consider our Le Blanc Linen Wash, which contains no caustic chemicals and is specifically formulated for cotton fabrics.
- When Drying – use a low to medium temperature as if you over dry your towels you can damage the cotton, and they will become stiff and scratchy. As well, if your towels have a decorative band, as with this towel (see below), it will shrink at a different rate, causing this to happen.
Things to consider when purchasing bath towels:
- Look for 100% cotton. Cotton/poly blends don’t absorb as well as an all cotton towel.
- Many people like dark colored towels, but keep in mind that darker towels will fade. So you may want to consider lighter colors.
Have questions? Give us a call 786-512-3268 or send us an email.
To shop for our Luxury 100% Cotton Christy Towels click the below shop here button.