- Do not overload washing machine, as your linens won’t get as clean as they could and it can create additional tension to the fabric during the wash cycle.
- Avoid bleach and bleach derivatives. Many leading detergents, Tide for example, contain brighteners, which are bleach derivatives and are hard on cotton fibers.
- Never pour detergent directly on the bed linens. Start the washer, add detergent and add linens only after washer is at least half full.
- Add ½ cup of baking soda to the wash cycle every month or so to help them maintain their brightness and freshness.
- Use only the recommended amount of detergent. An excessive amount will not rinse out completely and may result in a rough feeling fabric. The residue can also absorb dander and body oil. This can lead to discoloration and an odor.
- Use a low to medium heat; excessive heat can damage your sheets.
- Dry only one set of sheets at a time. Remove your sheets from the dryer when they are slightly damp to the touch.
- Remove the sheets immediately when the dry cycle is complete. Leaving them in the dryer will create excess heat and will result in more wrinkles.
Caring for your bed linens
Luxury Italian Linens are an investment and very worthwhile one! Proper care and maintenance of any investment is important and well worth that extra bit of effort. Just follow these easy steps to extend the life of your beautiful linens to ensure they maintain their signature super-soft luxurious Italian linen feel.
In the washing cycle:
Use warm or cold water and wash on a gentle cycle.
◦ Only one set of sheets per wash and dry.
Use a mild detergent, such as Ivory or Dreft. We recommend Le Blanc Linen wash which is sold on our site here.
Suspect you’ve used too much detergent? Simply run your linens through a regular cycle with ½ cup of white vinegar (no detergent). Then wash once again with the proper amount of detergent.
In the dryer:
Hand press your sheets when folding them up, or put them directly on the bed.
Be sure to check out or dozens of helpful bedding tips and trick here.
Looking to purchase some of the finest bedding in the world?
Have questions? Email us with any of your bedding related questions.