Different sizes of sleeping pillows...
Shop for finest Down and Feather pillows below.
Use code - bedding tips - at checkout & get 5% off your entire purchase.
Pillows are made in endless size configurations. However, as with bedding, the list is much smaller and somewhat standardized.
Here are the most common sizes.
Euro pillows – are 26’ x 26”
- Euro pillows are generally placed at the head of a bed.
- Use (1) on a twin, 2 or 3 on a full or queen & 3 or 4 on a king or Cal. king.
King pillows are 20” tall and 36 long”
- Two pillows placed end to end fit perfectly across a king bed.
- Many people do not care for a king-sized pillow, because of their length. People find them difficult to manipulate at night, when they sleep.
Queen size pillows are 20” tall and 30” long
- Many people believe because they have a queen size bed, their pillows are also queen size.
- Most times this is not the true. They actually are using a standard size sleeping pillow.
- Many linen manufacturers don’t make queen pillowcases or shams.
- If you do have queen pillows, a standard pillowcase will not fit properly. The sleeping pillow will stick out the opening.
- Some manufacturers, including us, make their standard pillowcases a little longer, so they will work on both a standard and queen size sleeping pillow.
A standard pillow is 20” tall & 26” long.
- The standard sleeping pillow, we think is by far the most popular size pillow.
- Two, fit across a full or queen size bed. Three, fit across a king size bed.
Boudoir pillows – are 12” tall x 16” long.
- You will also find this size on commercial aircraft. This size is also referred to as a travel pillow.
- Most boudoir pillows are shams and used for decorative purposes.
With regard to the fill materials used in bed pillows, it runs the gamut. Sleeping pillows are filled with buckwheat, latex, foam rubber, polyester thread among other fillings.
By far, the most popular materials used in bed pillows are down, down & feather or just feather.
- Down and feather are superior fills. They’re inexpensive, durable, provide excellent neck and head support, they fill out the pillowcase or sham very well and will never bunch or knot up like other types of fillings can.
- They are also washable.
Shop our exceptional down & feather sleeping pillow here.
Use the code - bedding tips - at checkout & get 5% off your entire purchase.
View our 150+ bedding related articles on our “How to Tips” page here.